Steps to install TAPI Dialer
- Copy siptapi.tsp file and paste it in c:\windows\system32\
- If this fails to copy – you may already have a siptapi.tsp file installed. Go to Control Panel->Phone and Modem Options. On the advanced tab – select the SIP TAPI dialer and click remove. Now try to copy the file to c:\windows\system32 again. If it asks you if you wish to overwrite a file say yes.
- Go to Control Panel -> Phone and Modem Options
- On the Advanced Tab click Add and select SIP TAPI Service Provider for IPitomy and click OK.
- After the SIP TAPI Provider appears in the list press the Configure button.
- Enter the following Data as specified in the picture below.
- Click OK.
- In Outlook, right click on a contact and select Call Contact
- Click Dialing Options
- Where it says ‘Connect using line’ select “LineName: SIP TAPI for IPitomy
- Click OK
Congratulations, you have now successfully installed and configured your Outlook Dialer. To make a call, simply right click on a contact, select Call Contact, and click Start Call. The selected extension will intercom and begin dialing in speaker phone mode.
In PBX SW version 4.6.1 the default Extension User Type was changed from "Friend" to "Peer". This rigid security must be relaxed back to "Friend" to allow your PC and Outlook to invoke dialing at your telephone. Steps to set User Type of the Outlook Dialer extension to Friend:
- Open the PBX GUI
- Navigate to Destinations - Extension
- Open the Advanced categories by clicking the Advanced link at the bottom of the initial extension screen.
- Locate the User Type and set it to "Friend"
- Click Save Changes
- Click Apply Changes