Linksys PAP2T Quick Guide
The Linksys PAP2 is a 2 port FXS gateway that allows for integration of analog devices (such as
fax machines, analog single line telephones, etc.) with your IPitomy IP PBX.
Step One: Make note of the 12-digit MAC address of the Linksys PAP2T.
Step Two: Connect the WAN port of the Linksys PAP2T to the network.
Step Three: Determine the IP Address of the Linksys PAP2T
1. Log into the IPitomy IP PBX.
2. Navigate to DESTINATIONS / EXTENSIONS.
3. Select the AUTO DISCOVERY tab.
a. Click on Auto Discovery – Don’t scan the network
b. Once the device list is displayed, select the VIEW SETTINGS tab.
c. Click on Advanced Filter Settings.
d. Under Show These Types Only, select ‘None.’
e. Click on REFRESH.
4. Search the resulting list of devices for the Linksys PAP2T MAC and note the IP address
of the Linksys PAP2T.
Step Four: Configure the extensions on the IPitomy IP PBX
While still logged into the IPitomy IP PBX,
1. Navigate to DESTINATIONS / EXTENSIONS.
2. Create the extensions to be associated with the two ports on the Linksys PAP2T.
3. Navigate to the ADVANCED page.
4. Make note of the SIP PASSWORD for each extension.
Note that, unless otherwise instructed by IPitomy technical support, any fields
not specified in this document should remain at their default values.
Step Five: Configure the Linksys PAP2T
Modify Timer Value
1. In your web browser, enter the IP address for the Linksys PAP2T
2. Click on ADMIN LOGIN.
3. Click on SWITCH TO ADVANCED VIEW.
4. Click on the REGIONAL tab.
5. Scroll down to CONTROL TIMER VALUES.
6. Locate the field INTERDIGIT LONG TIMER and input 4. (Changing the default of 10
seconds to 4 seconds eliminates the pause time after the last digit dialed.)
7. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on SAVE SETTINGS.
Figure 1: Admin Login and Switch to Advanced View
Figure 2: "Regional" tab
Figure 3: Control Timer Values / Interdigit Long Timer
Linksys PAP2T Quick Guide
Registering to the PBX
For both lines on the Linksys PAP2T:
1. On the menu bar at the top of the screen, click on LINE 1.
2. Scroll down to PROXY AND REGISTRATION.
3. In the field PROXY input the static IP address of the IPitomy IP PBX.
4. Scroll down to SUBSCRIBER INFORMATION.
5. Input the extension number for this port (created in STEP 4 above) in the following fields:
DISPLAY NAME, USER ID, and AUTH ID.
6. In the field PASSWORD input the SIP password for this extension (found in the IPitomy
IP PBX database by navigating to DESTINATIONS / EXTENSIONS, selecting the
extension, and navigating to the advanced tab.)
7. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on SAVE SETTINGS. Note that after saving
the settings, the password input in step 6 will be overwritten by a string of asterisks.
8. Repeat these steps for the second port on the Linksys PAP2T.
Proxy and Registration / Subscriber Information
NOTE If you are configuring multiple extensions to the Gateway, be sure to set them in the PBX to UserType = Friend.
NOTE If you plan to use the PAP2 for faxing, be sure that jitter buffer is set to fixed.